ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

Am I the only person who saw their re-coloured logo and for some reason was reminded of tvark.org ?

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Keith's post:
  • bilky asko, Brekkie, Ma76, Spencer

(29-02-2024, 08:21 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  The colours are nice, I guess. I don't see the point though. After all, its going to raise the printer ink budget for ITV plc letterheads.

I'm not sure they're printing the letterheaded paper on an HP printer from Currys
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • WillPS

I wonder if and when they will change the signs on their buildings and will they do it quicker than the BBC

(01-03-2024, 12:51 AM)Andrew Wrote:  I wonder if and when they will change the signs on their buildings and will they do it quicker than the BBC
When ITV did the previous drastic change to the corporate logo they did it all on the same day. To the extent of people putting stickers over notices in car parks and removing the logo from buildings. Branded office mugs were even changed.

Rather like what banks can manage to do early in the morning when they rebrand. However I believe that's actually a legal requirement for them, such as when LloydsTSB demerged, and temporary plastic signs were removed and metal plaques replaced outside every branch.

I think the BBC deliberately chose a new logo which was so close to the Gill Sans one that the average Joe/Josephine wouldn't be aware for some time when looking at buildings from a distance. It's only us geeks that notice that one. Angel
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, Ma76

(01-03-2024, 12:51 AM)Andrew Wrote:  I wonder if and when they will change the signs on their buildings and will they do it quicker than the BBC

They've already got the new one on their reception desk at Broadcast Centre (they don't have anything on the outside of the building).
[-] The following 3 users Like Transmission's post:
  • Ma76, Stuart, UTVLifer

They've also updated the sign on the wall outside the ITV Studios offices next door.
[-] The following 4 users Like thegeek's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, Stuart, Transmission

www.linkedin.com 

Here's a video explaining the colours

But it's combination of linear, streaming (X) and production
[-] The following 2 users Like dbl's post:
  • bkman1990, Stuart

For some reason, I'm amused (or should that be bemused) that in that video the clip of the ident for ITV2 is one that they don't use! Well, I've only seen it once.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

The idents are the weak point but I can appreciate the cohesiveness of it all and think they've done a good job in that respect.
[-] The following 4 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • fanoftv, ivlm001, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(01-03-2024, 04:04 PM)dbl Wrote:  www.linkedin.com 

Here's a video explaining the colours

But it's combination of linear, streaming (X) and production

Interesting reference to fonts in that video. I wonder if we might be a bit closer to seeing ITV Reem being phased out, given it's the typeface of the old 2013 corporate brand.