Neighbours is coming back!

This just cropped up on a Google search:
[Image: dd0da015382f9ccc86f051e465d601aa]

It's 2 Pin Oak Court (22 Ramsay Street) 
Looks like a lot of renovations are going on with it including the front garden being totally dug up.

(30-01-2023, 11:37 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  2011 wasn’t a standout year of the show.

Whatever year they decide to start streaming from could well be dictated by rights. Smart TVs and streaming didn’t really become mainstream until the 2010s, so there’s every possibility Neighbours’ actor/writer contracts were updated around that time to cover future streaming rights as production companies reacted to that evolution.

Anything earlier will need more detailed reassessing before it can be made available.

Pure speculation on my part, but 2011 does fit into the time when digital media was beginning to boom and might therefore realistically be widely covered in contracts for the first time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Flux's post:
  • Brekkie, interestednovice, Ma76

The complete 2012 season and 50 iconic episodes went live at midnight on Freevee. I watched Harold rise from the dead in 1996 on Freevee. About four adverts were placed across the entire episode. Not as bad as five 5 minute advert breaks like ITV Player/Hub had.

The end credits are intact but with the sponsors edited out and Grundy logo replaced with the current Fremantle end cap instead.

Do we know yet if other entire years are going up over the next few months?
Does Amazon have the UK rights to the entire back catalog of episodes?

I've kicked off watching the 2012 season, I reckon I was watching on and off at this point as I don't remember many of the storylines. Everything is very dark (colour-wise on the sets!) Ad breaks seem to be following the Australian format but the adverts just seem to be one or none per break. I've told myself I'll watch one a day before the new season starts but we'll see how that goes! For today It's nice to have Neighbours back in my life!!! Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes jaymadz's post:
  • watchingtv

The 2013 season dropped on Amazon in the UK today and that confirms we're getting 2012 onwards. No additional iconic episodes have been added this time. I went to the Celebration Tour last Tuesday on one clip they featured with Anne Haddy and Stefan Dennis from 1993 when Paul legs it to Brazil, i couldn't help notice some 'white tape flickers' on the footage.

So Amazon don't have the rights to full years before 2012? It's a shame as I can't see why they couldn't go back further with full year seasons, going back at least to early to mid 2000s.

twitter.com 

The show returns to filming on the 17th April.
[-] The following 5 users Like Newshound47's post:
  • IanJRedman, interestednovice, London Lite, Ma76, Roger Darthwell

Neighbours returns next Monday September 18th. It will air at 4.30pm on 10 in Australia with a repeat on 10 Peach at 6.30pm. It will also get a linear airing in Ireland back in its old slots of 2pm on RTÉ 1 and 6pm on RTÉ 2. As previously announced it will air on Amazon Freevee in the UK and the USA. It will also air on Amazon Prime in Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • Ma76

Is that a better slot in Australia than it had towards the end of its first run? Wasn’t it down to just 10 Peach?

Be interested to see how it works out. But I must admit, watching Jury Duty on FreeVee, I got very fed up with the ads - considering we try and avoid them with most things these days!