ITVX seems to have settled down on the Shield app. I still have ITV Hub as the tile though.

Edit: Scrap that, the picture froze during watching The Professionals and no picture when I started to play Fawlty Towers.

Roku has automatically updated from Hub to ITVX.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • Former Member 406

(17-11-2022, 11:56 PM)XIII Wrote:  Who in their right mind would keep BritBox on its own when you can get it as part of ITVX premium.
Britbox is right now £29.99 a year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes remlap's post:
  • London Lite

(17-11-2022, 10:47 PM)Spider Wrote:  Are there schedules for the FAST channels? I can't seem to find any. I know the idea is you just drop in and watch whatever it is showing, but it would still be useful to know what is on when, especially for the movie one.

Apparently there won't be, and that is the same as how similar services like Pluto work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Spider

I still have ITV Hub on my (Android) Phone. Play Store shows it as ITVX. Reinstalled it and it's still ITV Hub, however:

If you open ITV Hub on the phone and cast it to a Chromecast...
You get ITV X on the Chromecast!

Yay for phased rollouts

The sponsor spots for Domino's also remain ITV Hub branded when you play content

No changes to Fire TV in my experience just now -- app store and app still remain ITV Hub branded
[-] The following 1 user Likes SunburntRock89's post:
  • Former Member 406

a lot of the changes at the moment are server side, hence why the chromecast for google tv is still using the same code it did when it was last updated months ago. in time they will release further software updates to fix bugs etc and the new icons should come with that.

The surrounding metadata in the app stores can be updated separately. so it makes sense they were updated ahead of time. New versions have to be tested to ensure security and functionality, which different vendors do at different rates

BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds are a good example, on the Google TV apps rail, the old logos still show even though the app and branding has changed. My5 at least updated their logo on the apps rail.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

I managed to watch two episodes of Fawlty Towers via the Shield app before it decided to freeze.    The Play Store has ITVX updated as June 2022, while the old ITV Hub for which it's still tiled for was September 2022.

It doesn't help that the ITV Hub is one of the pre-installed apps for the Nvidia Shield, so I can't remove and re-install, I can only disable it.

I wonder if they will add old series of Im A Celeb, those are hard to find and sadly ITVX only has the last two Wales series and this one.

(19-11-2022, 12:50 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(18-11-2022, 04:26 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Anime is incredibly niche. I can’t imagine them putting it on ITV4.
You'd be surprised. Next time there's a comic con, look at the cosplayers' costumes. If you don't recognise a character as being from a sci-fi or fantasy TV show or movie, or a superhero comic book or movie, it's probably from anime.

They have all 3 seasons of Cardcaptor Sakura. All4 only had 1
[-] The following 1 user Likes TimGoodwin's post:
  • Happy2001

(19-11-2022, 05:46 PM)TimGoodwin Wrote:  
(19-11-2022, 12:50 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  You'd be surprised. Next time there's a comic con, look at the cosplayers' costumes. If you don't recognise a character as being from a sci-fi or fantasy TV show or movie, or a superhero comic book or movie, it's probably from anime.

They have all 3 seasons of Cardcaptor Sakura. All4 only had 1
That's actually been on TV, it aired on the CITV block as Cardcaptors back when it was new.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Happy2001