BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Interesting how the tower appears to be on its own track too...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • House

It’s a shame they’ve only replaced one of the screens as now it looks unbalanced. I know you don’t see that shot often.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 3 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • James, kookaburra, UTVLifer

(25-04-2024, 06:09 PM)janewaysbun Wrote:  Good! I was fearing they'd mess around with it, it looks perfect the way it is, can't wait to see the live newsroom backdrop on some output soon

I don’t think anyone was arguing for big changes, just things like the three catwalk screens being replaced with one single long one.

Typical I think I missed the video again before it got deleted!

New business programmes for the News Channel have been discovered, sadly replacing the various business reports

www.bbc.co.uk 

www.bbc.co.uk 

www.bbc.co.uk 

The new names leave a lot to be desired...

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 14 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • bax, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, Frances, harshy, LDN, matthieu1221, Michael Wotton, oscillon, RhysJR, Rolling News, TVHead, UTVLifer

(26-04-2024, 12:19 AM)AndrewP Wrote:  New business programmes for the News Channel have been discovered, sadly replacing the various business reports

The new names leave a lot to be desired...
Were they worried about getting done under the Trade Descriptions Act for having largely given up on business reporting, leaving a programme that is largely just talking heads.

More seriously, the only substantive changes are that the 16:40 non-WBR update is now listed at 16:30, while the 14:30 bulletin now moves to New York, presumably presented from their cupboard by the New York business correspondent. I doubt the format will change and suspect it'll continue to be a bit of a drag on the already slow-paced nature of the channel (personally, I'd rather have the quicker 4' NC business summaries every hour than an 11' slog of business talking heads every two/three).
[-] The following 6 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, LDN, PatrZDZ, UTVLifer

(25-04-2024, 10:58 PM)harryb Wrote:  Typical I think I missed the video again before it got deleted!

Not quite sure why there's such a push on these videos and pictures being removed.... essentially the set, from a viewer's perspective, looks the same apart from a lightbox replacing the LED ribbon in front of the desk and a tower replacing the right hand screen. Hardly anything ground breaking which spoils a grand unveiling so not sure why it seems that it's requested that the social posts are deleted by the creator. Could just be coincidence... who knows?

Obviously, budgets are very tight but it is disappointing that E hasn't been given a bit more TLC on screen (e.g. the plasmas being replaced with a full LED curve at least). Especially, as E and C are likely to be on screen for many more working hours each week than B is. But as already been mentioned, it sounds like a lot of money had to go on updating infrastructure rather than the set itself.

It's just a bit ironic that as the regions and nations finally get a very unified look and quality in terms of set design again after 20 years, the sets at BH are starting to become much more of a mish mash of designs.
[-] The following 8 users Like Earlie37's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, chrisherald, interestednovice, James, Stuart, UTVLifer

(26-04-2024, 10:43 AM)Earlie37 Wrote:  Not quite sure why there's such a push on these videos and pictures being removed.... essentially the set, from a viewer's perspective, looks the same apart from a lightbox replacing the LED ribbon in front of the desk and a tower replacing the right hand screen. Hardly anything ground breaking which spoils a grand unveiling so not sure why it seems that it's requested that the social posts are deleted by the creator. Could just be coincidence... who knows?
I imagine that in some cases the original creator never intended it to be seen by a wider audience. I get the impression that morale is fairly low within BBC News staff, and maybe the creator didn't want to risk a disciplinary or get someone else in trouble by keeping it online for the wider audience to see.

Hopefully we can see E in use on screen soon though. I wonder if they'll revert to just after the channel merger, where 9am to 6pm comes from E, with C being used until 10pm. However, one would assume or hope that C is also due a upgrade at some point too.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(26-04-2024, 10:55 AM)Keith Wrote:  I imagine that in some cases the original creator never intended it to be seen by a wider audience. I get the impression that morale is fairly low within BBC News staff, and maybe the creator didn't want to risk a disciplinary or get someone else in trouble by keeping it online for the wider audience to see.

Hopefully we can see E in use on screen soon though. I wonder if they'll revert to just after the channel merger, where 9am to 6pm comes from E, with C being used until 10pm. However, one would assume or hope that C is also due a upgrade at some point too.

Maryam tweeted she thinks they will be in E by the end of the first week in May - so potentially within the next fortnight?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • chrisherald

(26-04-2024, 09:55 AM)DTV Wrote:  Were they worried about getting done under the Trade Descriptions Act for having largely given up on business reporting, leaving a programme that is largely just talking heads.

More seriously, the only substantive changes are that the 16:40 non-WBR update is now listed at 16:30, while the 14:30 bulletin now moves to New York, presumably presented from their cupboard by the New York business correspondent. I doubt the format will change and suspect it'll continue to be a bit of a drag on the already slow-paced nature of the channel (personally, I'd rather have the quicker 4' NC business summaries every hour than an 11' slog of business talking heads every two/three).
So they are finally getting rid of World Business Report that’s been one for ages on bbc world news, will be sad to see that go, it seemed to be the only programme that turned studio C with a blue colour theme.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald