BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(05-04-2023, 06:59 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Good to see Nicky Schiller at the touch screen in the newsroom earlier.

Are the "presenter correspondent" roles still going to be a thing?

[Image: 1680718581_84455150.png]

(Apologies for the dodgy screenshot - iPlayer doesn't seem to play nice with screenshots on a Mac!)

(05-04-2023, 07:14 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I find it funny when a presenter hosts the news, and then pops up straight after hosting World Business Report and then straight after back with the news, introducing themselves each time. Gives the feeling that there is nobody else there. If it wasn’t for the BBC Sport Centre I’d expect studio E to turn yellow and the same presenter to then host the sport as well
Don't even joke about it... the way things are going I'd half-expect the Sport Centre to be the next thing cut!
[-] The following 5 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, bob, chrisherald, Rolling News, UTVLifer

I think the silence between the Across the UK report and the presenter is the most awkward thing ever.
[-] The following 4 users Like AntandDec_Fan's post:
  • bbcworld24, bkman1990, freeaxe, thevaran

This post by Martine has really touched me this evening.

Just look at the solidarity and at what we appear to have lost...

www.instagram.com =

Christian Fraser made an in-studio appearence in Yalda's program, reporting about the BBC investigation into the identity of a murdered Ukrainian soldier.
[Image: image.png]
Didn't think he was in the BBC investigative team as well. Anyway, the full investigation is about to be shown during the Context at 20:30 BST.
[-] The following 5 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(05-04-2023, 07:13 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  It’s the second story on the website. It would be quite unusual  if a story that prominent on the website is not a major story on the bulletins.

Of course as it’s an ongoing legal case there is not a lot the BBC can report through.
They’ve finally covered the story, 50 minutes into the hour

Pretty disgraceful really for the lead national story to be relegated so far down the agenda

I can see them coming unstuck on this sort of thing - Imagine major story about the UK government, buried 50 minutes in, the clip gets uploaded to twitter and outrage ensues

(05-04-2023, 05:55 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  
(04-04-2023, 05:21 PM)Kriston Lewis Wrote:  Looks like an "Across the UK" segment just went out on the international feed.

Which one though? There are 7 in all.

Apologies, I think it was on an anti-youth vaping initiative in Cornwall. It was rather quick and began with an odd jump cut.

(05-04-2023, 07:27 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Christian Fraser made an in-studio appearence in Yalda's program, reporting about the BBC investigation into the identity of a murdered Ukrainian soldier.
[Image: image.png]
Didn't think he was in the BBC investigative team as well. Anyway, the full investigation is about to be shown during the Context at 20:30 BST.

They've worked out that a) they can have a guest in the studio b) the screens still work and c) there is more than one camera shot available!
[-] The following 12 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, ginnyfan, James, Jayesyn, Jeff, oscillon, Rolling News, thevaran, Universal_r, UTVLifer

(05-04-2023, 07:53 PM)Andrew Wrote:  They’ve finally covered the story, 50 minutes into the hour

51 minutes, to be exact - they covered it only after World feed left for a 5-minute filler.

Also, Yalda introduced the weather presenter in the end of the UK extension of the program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB

(05-04-2023, 07:53 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(05-04-2023, 07:13 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  It’s the second story on the website. It would be quite unusual  if a story that prominent on the website is not a major story on the bulletins.

Of course as it’s an ongoing legal case there is not a lot the BBC can report through.
They’ve finally covered the story, 50 minutes into the hour

Pretty disgraceful really for the lead national story to be relegated so far down the agenda

I can see them coming unstuck on this sort of thing - Imagine major story about the UK government, buried 50 minutes in, the clip gets uploaded to twitter and outrage ensues

And yet it was introduced with the kind of language explaining what the SNP is as if it wasn't part of the UK opt-out.

Just now on Context - a show that was doing quite well so far -  they got a location bug wrong (Warsaw instead of Los Angeles). Little things on their own that wouldn't be notable but all together adding to poor production values.

(05-04-2023, 07:22 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  This post by Martine has really touched me this evening.

Just look at the solidarity and at what we appear to have lost...

www.instagram.com =

Look at all that talent and experience.
[-] The following 5 users Like Chud's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, Newsroom, Rolling News