BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(21-04-2023, 10:32 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
twitter.com 
Well, at least they're attempting to address some of the issues, not gloss over it like they did last week by covering the Elon Musk interview. I feel the conclusions to Newswatch will be disappointing though, as always.
[-] The following 2 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • bkman1990, Rolling News

Anyone else getting "Clamshell" branding vibes from the new Context titles, or is it just me?
[-] The following 6 users Like Lyric's post:
  • bkman1990, ginnyfan, Quantum+83, Spencer, Superman1986, xlalonce

Another little graphics blooper during the Context - the OS-style quote just refused to rise up!
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, DAWeeE1, Quantum+83

(21-04-2023, 10:31 PM)harshy Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 10:25 PM)Moz Wrote:  If you can’t read the BBC and the NEWS against the swirls, how do you know it says BBC and NEWS?

Jesus.
I meant there isn’t enough contrast between the dark red and the black, sorry.

Well if you can read them there clearly IS enough contrast.

If you’re reading something you’re not familiar with then fair enough, but it’s obvious to most that it says BBC and NEWS. It doesn’t need to be clear.

Like the blocks which make up the 4 in Channel 4. They didn’t even make up a 4 in many of their idents, but you knew what it was.

Branding doesn’t have to be clear.

They’ve fixed the Newsnight Aston overlap. And more importantly the junction between the Ten and Newsnight on BBC News is quite clean of late.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:
  • chrisherald, LTNewslover

(21-04-2023, 10:32 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  
twitter.com 

Short answer no but i bet we won't be listened too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes News76's post:
  • Rolling News

(21-04-2023, 10:32 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  twitter.com 

Well they didn't show it at 1130pm though it was on the EPG .

They are showing a full length edition of "The Travel Show2

(21-04-2023, 10:32 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I think the red swirly bits should be a bit further to the right so the text doesn’t overlap it. Other than that, they’re certainly not the worst titles on BBC News at present.

twitter.com 
BBC Airing The Travel Show... Actually so annoying. God alive, the 20th repeat

Ironically that episode of Newswatch has since been replaced with a repeat of The Travel Show.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 5 users Like Josh's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Happy2001, oscillon, whistlerpro

(21-04-2023, 11:05 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 10:31 PM)harshy Wrote:  I meant there isn’t enough contrast between the dark red and the black, sorry.

Well if you can read them there clearly IS enough contrast.

If you’re reading something you’re not familiar with then fair enough, but it’s obvious to most that it says BBC and NEWS. It doesn’t need to be clear.

Like the blocks which make up the 4 in Channel 4. They didn’t even make up a 4 in many of their idents, but you knew what it was.

Branding doesn’t have to be clear.

They’ve fixed the Newsnight Aston overlap. And more importantly the junction between the Ten and Newsnight on BBC News is quite clean of late.
Yeah I am guessing it’s intended as part of chameleon for the text to overlap the elements, I guess a way to clear it up would be to  put the swirls in the middle maybe, But it’s good to see some new titles, it is by far the best one it’s not botched and it’s not got a odd conversion to the frame rate like Across the UK.

(21-04-2023, 11:05 PM)Moz Wrote:  They’ve fixed the Newsnight Aston overlap. And more importantly the junction between the Ten and Newsnight on BBC News is quite clean of late.
Ah, I thought they finally did the same clever thing they do with Laura K and gave it a NC lower thirds for NC, but alas - they have just raised the aston everywhere at the expense of the BBC Two viewers having it a little bit too high with regards to the overall balance of the frame.

Or even a more egregious example

Also, wasn't it this Monday when the last crash from the 10 to Newsnight happened? They even missed the presenter's opening remarks.

(21-04-2023, 11:49 PM)Gallunach Wrote:  Well they didn't show it at 1130pm though it was on the EPG .

They are showing a full length edition of "The Travel Show2

Wow, what a joke. And they did not post anything about this latest substitution on Twitter, nor have they removed the posted teaser. Well, it will be interesting then to see if it sees the air on BBC One tomorrow...