BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(23-05-2023, 10:36 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 02:07 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I'm convinced that the at-launch looks for The Catch Up and (The) Context *were* indicative of what was (at that time) intended to eventually come for most/all other BBC News output, but that there has been a change of direction since. As you rightly say, it's a shame.

The original Context titles were dire. Looked like a basketball court for some bizarre reason. Teal isn’t a BBC News colour either.
HA! I'd never thought of it like that before but now you mention it, I definitely see it. Big Grin

(23-05-2023, 10:06 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 09:15 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  That raises the question are all lives from "London" or "Lonodn" now branded as just "London" for the benefit of World News viewers, or are they still sometimes more specific even for live links away from the flagship locations such as Westminster, Buckingham Palace etc?
Varies, as before there doesn't seem to be an especially consistent rule and it seems to depend on who is in charge of the graphics at that time.

Tbh if it's some guy in his spare room on Zoom, I think it makes sense to just say London. If it's a part of London that's relevant to the story, or if they're outside and the location is recognisable, then it makes sense to specify which part of London.
[-] The following 3 users Like simon's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Reith85

(23-05-2023, 02:07 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I'm convinced that the at-launch looks for The Catch Up and (The) Context *were* indicative of what was (at that time) intended to eventually come for most/all other BBC News output, but that there has been a change of direction since. As you rightly say, it's a shame.

The original Context titles were dire. Looked like a basketball court for some bizarre reason. Teal isn’t a BBC News colour either.

They were different though which is ultimately probably why it got axed - seems to be no room for originality in BBC News graphics now.  

And whatever happened to the new icon becoming the logo of BBC News - if they want their graphics to be inspired by the app surely that three square motif is the place to start, not concentric circles or spirographs.   We saw the potential for it to be a dynamic presentation tool in that branding survey prior to the BBC officially launching them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Former Member 406

(23-05-2023, 02:07 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I'm convinced that the at-launch looks for The Catch Up and (The) Context *were* indicative of what was (at that time) intended to eventually come for most/all other BBC News output, but that there has been a change of direction since. As you rightly say, it's a shame

I did notice that teal has been getting used on the BBC news live pages. I only really noticed it around the time that the context started as I thought the same as you teal wasn’t BBC news brand colour.

I had wonder if the rumoured BBC news rebrand teal was going to be the new brand colour. When you think about it every other BBC brand has it own unique colour now as before bbc three and iplayer where both pink whereas now bbc three has gone to blue. BBC One, News and parliament all share red as their colour (all be it a slightly different shade)

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 2 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

Teal is used across the BBC website and apps (News, Sport, iPlayer) to denote live content.
[-] The following 10 users Like Transmission's post:
  • agentsquash, AndrewP, bkman1990, CATV, chrisherald, Frances, interestednovice, Quantum+83, UTVLifer, ViridianFan

They made a right dogs dinner of joining PMQs today on the UK feed. Crashing out of the filler to Samantha Simmonds in the clip studio. You could hear her pedalling the autocue (sounded like a ticking clock in the background) plus some other rustling, then when they put the Commons feed in vision they didn't drop the sound from the feed so Samantha couldn't be heard properly but you could still hear her talking faintly in the background. All this was going on... while PMQs had already begun!

youtu.be 
[-] The following 8 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Is there a pattern to when the NC goes to 'Around the UK' on a break or just has a quick recap of UK stories/headlines?

LVJ has done the latter just now and I've seen Amroliwala do it in the past - but Hakim did the former yesterday?

Is it random or do they do a different thing at :15 and :45?

Breaking News coverage of Tina Turner's death has been spot on to be honest.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 8 users Like Moz's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, JamesWorldNews, oscillon, Scratch_Perry, Superman1986, xlalonce

(24-05-2023, 07:48 PM)Moz Wrote:  Breaking News coverage of Tina Turner's death has been spot on to be honest.

Of interest to Americans though so of course it has.

(24-05-2023, 01:10 PM)Worzel Wrote:  They made a right dogs dinner of joining PMQs today on the UK feed. Crashing out of the filler to Samantha Simmonds in the clip studio. You could hear her pedalling the autocue (sounded like a ticking clock in the background) plus some other rustling, then when they put the Commons feed in vision they didn't drop the sound from the feed so Samantha couldn't be heard properly but you could still hear her talking faintly in the background. All this was going on... while PMQs had already begun!

youtu.be 

Is there any obvious reason they don't join Politics Live for PMQ's?