BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Stunningly good intro into the BBC News at One, by all accounts.

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, harshy, Rolling News

Was this on bbc one also? Or just the news channel?

(16-09-2023, 01:28 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  Was this on bbc one also? Or just the news channel?

Its weekend, so BBC One has its own 10-minute long Lunchtime News presented by somebody from another of today's News Channel shifts (for example, today was Lewis Vaugn Jones' turn). Thus, the blooper went just on the News Channel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald

Another on for Bax I guess, it went out globally I guess as well, this channel is just an embarrassment.
[-] The following 4 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bax, bkman1990

I really am starting to form the opinion the news channel is marked for closure long term down the road. And the decision has already been taken. Once you assume that many things which have occurred make more sense. Totally my opinion based on no evidence whatsoever, just a theory!
[-] The following 2 users Like Former Member 237's post:
  • chrisherald, xlalonce

(15-09-2023, 05:46 PM)Keith Wrote:  Is this a new presentation point within the news room?
[Image: 20230915_174409.jpg]
One thing I don't about the merged channel is shots like this... The screen, in addition to the BBC News symbol tacked onto the top left, really feels like an on-the-fly job in terms of graphics (though I understand in some breaking news, these are probably the ones permitted by time!). 

A half-screen shoulder graphic pushback (or keyed behind the correspondent) puts more thought into it, IMO.

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 2 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • mouseboy33, thePineapple

(16-09-2023, 06:05 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  One thing I don't about the merged channel is shots like this... The screen, in addition to the BBC News symbol tacked onto the top left, really feels like an on-the-fly job in terms of graphics (though I understand in some breaking news, these are probably the ones permitted by time!). 

A half-screen shoulder graphic pushback (or keyed behind the correspondent) puts more thought into it, IMO.

This has been doing my head in for several months -- but I really don't understand why they've felt it necessary to plonk a BBC News logo at the top left of the display. 

It adds absolutely nothing to the coverage, and it essentially duplicates the function of the BBC News logo that's always at the bottom of the screen anyway, and which is now even more obnoxiously visible as it now sits on a prominent full-width red bar. 

In fact, as the image above shows, all it does is GET IN THE BLOODY WAY of the very graphics they're trying to showcase on the newsroom displays. The graphic/slide to which NickyS is referring on the display would look much cleaner and less cluttered if there was no additional BBC News logo up there at all. And frankly, news producers and presenters really shouldn't have to work around such a superfluous design element that has no purpose being there in the first place.

Much like the eternally vacuous decision to make the lower thirds all-red, all the time, I can't see any sensible reason to slap a BBC News DOG onto the newsroom screens. 

But perhaps I'm being too harsh -- after all, it's just one more very small detail in a swelling ocean of objectively f**king stupid BBC News design decisions.
[-] The following 10 users Like LDN's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, mouseboy33, Rolling News, Spencer, Stuart, UTVLifer, W. Knight

Yet another woeful intro from BBC World News, with yet another running order proving why the merger is a disaster.

I love BBC World News. But this is just all wrong.

x.com 
[-] The following 10 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bbctvtechop, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, LDN, MLehon, thePineapple, TJTSW

(16-09-2023, 08:11 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Yet another woeful intro from BBC World News, with yet another running order proving why the merger is a disaster.

I love BBC World News. But this is just all wrong.
I think at some point they have to decide what they want to deliver and bite the bullet. One of these 'merged channels' has to go. We managed without a domestic NC before.

I have now drifted away to AJE on a regular basis. I know how they're funded, and that they have very deep pockets, but they have well-balanced international news, some UK news, and some excellent documentaries.
[-] The following 6 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, thePineapple, UTVLifer

I'm not sure what the merger has to do with human/software error.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 237's post:
  • House