Ideal Worlds Future?

Lots of issues this evening with them playing the same promos twice or even three times in a row. They are also leaving the on screen graphics on over promos that weren't designed that way.

They have just put up a graphic and it had the Windows taskbar showing at the bottom of the screen (you will be interested to know that they use Chrome AND Edge).

There have been moments where Peter Simon has introduced a VT that then doesn't play for so long that we see him scratch his nose and walk off screen. I also heard him say "Is my mic down?" over a promo earlier. It wasn't, of course.

This is the first time I have watched the all new Ideal World for any length of time. Is it always like this now?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko

(05-10-2023, 07:11 PM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Hochanda have made the right decision here, they only launched it to target the audience of the then doomed ideal world. Now ideal world is back, they are happy to pass the baton back to their former sister channel.

I very much doubt it's as altruistic as they imply.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 2 users Like WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko, Nobby

I notice they're using different font(s) on the graphics now. The product description & flexi payment boxes are now of a rounded font but everything else is the normal Gotham font.

Technical problems on TJC and Ideal World this morning. Going by the web streams, they have been down for the last couple of hours.

(10-10-2023, 09:33 AM)JasonB Wrote:  Technical problems on TJC and Ideal World this morning. Going by the web streams, they have been down for the last couple of hours.

They appeared to be having problems last night too (Rob Lamarr mentioned something like area-wide phone issues) which meant they finished a bit earlier than 2am.

TJC are back live but are promoting the personal shopper service rather than the usual number as that's still down. Ideal returned at 10:21am currently using temporary graphics and a different phone number:
[Image: oe4DjAX.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes JasonB's post:
  • bilky asko

Genevieve Ni Reamoinn has rejoined the channel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • bilky asko

(11-10-2023, 09:56 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Genevieve Ni Reamoinn has rejoined the channel.

Saw her half an hour ago. She also lasted one show on Shop Extra before it closed re-launching Friday Fashion, i'm guessing that will be back soon on Ideal World. 

One of the operator less cameras did a BBC News Channel and began to wander off the shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JasonB's post:
  • London Lite

(02-10-2023, 11:31 AM)frasergj Wrote:  Went to bars and tone a few minutes before 11am. "This is Ideal World Peterborough. Signing off. Thanks for everything"

I popped it on this morning to see if it was still onair and left it on in the corner while I was working.

Forgive me for jumping back a few weeks but here's the final moments recorded from the internal HD feed:

I couldn't let the occasion go by undocumented, so I also recorded me hitting the buttons behind the scenes to make that happen. I do a brief tour of our Transmisson Control room and the playout setup which I thought might be of interest to some of you here. I'm not the most eloquent speaker so you'll have to forgive me for that.

Thanks so much for that, very interesting to see that from the other side. And I think perhaps (like many great tech people!) you don't offer yourself enough credit for your presentation abilities, you were very clear and made stuff very easy to follow.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 10 users Like WillPS's post:
  • Aaron, bilky asko, DJ Dave, JasonB, Jimbo2022, London Lite, Steve in Pudsey, Stooky Bill, Stuart, TVenthusiasm