Survivor

(10-02-2024, 04:13 PM)Keith Wrote:  I imagine they'd rather film at times of the year when there's less likely to be 50MPH+ winds and/or heavy snow. Whilst I'm sure they have some contingencies as seen with this year's final being indoors, there's only so much that can be adapted or rescheduled.
High winds are never that long lived, it's the impact of them which is more of a problem - there's no guarantee that won't be a problem at any time of year tho. You'd just have more indoor challenges prepared I expect. Get a set of snow chains for the Jeeps and Bob's your Nigel ( Wink ).

If it really was a dealbreaker you could just use one of the other international locations. Would still be cheaper than mounting a Survivor production.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(10-02-2024, 01:21 PM)WillPS Wrote:  It doesn't have to be the summertime, presumably being Britain they have to have a load of contingency on the activities regardless. It doesn't even have to be the same location necessarily.
No they could locate it elsewhere but there's not that many places with as spectacular scenary.

The main issue I was thinking of is the number of hours of daylight there in the winter, it's a less than the rest of the UK

The Traitors is a quick shoot by reality TV standards - basically takes a couple of weeks to film. I suspect any celeb series would be 6-8 eps rather than 12, so basically a week of filming. Race Across The World is the best part of a week per episode so if they can now churn out a Celeb and regular series a year it won't be an issue for The Traitors.

As for Survivor I suspect if a second series was agreed the BBC and Banijay may have struck a deal to substitute with alternative formats. Unlikely but possible too casting has been scrapped as they've decided to take it down the Celebrity route instead.

For anyone interested, the US version of Netflix (easily accessible with a VPN and any Netflix login) has 2 seasons of the US version on currently. The first is from the first few years, and the second from 2016.

The (awesome, frankly) soundtrack makes you realise how immersion breaking the recent UK version, with its pop music cuts, was.

I'm not sure if I want the UK version to get a second series, and it doesn't sound like it is, but if it's on the cards they need to figure out what it is that makes the international versions popular and do those things - not look at what works for completely different formats.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

TVZone understands that the second series of Survivor has been shelved.

www.tvzoneuk.com