Thread Closed

Pick to become Sky Mix

(04-10-2023, 07:24 PM)Jake Wrote:  They also list Challenge under the 'Other' section. I'd say just an error.

Probably, with the person who put it together being aware that it was a Sky channel and mistakenly assuming it had the Sky prefix as a result.

You never know though!
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(04-10-2023, 09:03 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Why Sky Channel instead of Sky One?

For me, it's a flagship channel, and the flagbearer of all things Sky. Sky One, as a name, did that, but there's no real need to call it 'Sky Anything'. Doesn't need to be Showcase, or Max, or One. It is Sky.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

Forgive what might be considered a silly question but it popped into my head. Currently suffering the brain fog of Covid so please indulge me.

If they want to use Sky Mix as a home for their original content, would it not help to have the DOG constantly on screen and not have is disappear after a few seconds. A constant reminder that this is a Sky channel.

Also, would like to add I quite like the idea of having a Sky Mix/Sky Sports Mix/Sky Cinema Mix free to view offering.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up moving never mind the buzzcocks to sky mix in the future, or even make some original content for sky mix

(04-10-2023, 10:25 PM)J102B Wrote:  Forgive what might be considered a silly question but it popped into my head. Currently suffering the brain fog of Covid so please indulge me.

If they want to use Sky Mix as a home for their original content, would it not help to have the DOG constantly on screen and not have is disappear after a few seconds. A constant reminder that this is a Sky channel.

Also, would like to add I quite like the idea of having a Sky Mix/Sky Sports Mix/Sky Cinema Mix free to view offering.

I'm not sure if anyone cares about the DOG disappearing. That policy never changed for Sky Arts when it became FTA and I'm certain they will carry it over for Sky Mix. The DOG only stays on screen for 15 seconds anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rex's post:
  • interestednovice

I don't think Sky Max will be downgraded as such, but maybe they could simulcast certain things on Sky Mix.

TV8 in Italy (LCN8, which used to be MTV, owned by Viacom+Telecom before, before being bought by Sky), has become a quite successful channel, and many of the shows there are treated (or even are) TV8 shows first and foremost, such as Gialappa's Show and so on, although often parachuted to Sky Uno too (which also has its share of original programming, but there's a lot of overlapping between TV8 and Sky Uno).
There's also.Cielo (basically the Italian translation of Sky) as a FTA channel startef as a window of Sky for FTA viewers,that has, since the buyout of MTV Italy from Sky and creation of TV8, being downgraded as a sort of TV8 repeat channel or alternative lifestylish channel.

I realize it's a very different environment and history here in Italy starting with the fact there are less pay TV subscribers here, but, I suppose that they want to build a more stable channel by having Sky Mix moved to a higher LCN position, and if they can , they might at least simulcast.

Pick has finally resized its DOG in the correct position but it also immediately switches to a Sky Mix DOG with a tagline 'Relaunching 18th October'.

What about the Sky Mix colour palette?

Also here's the channel logo for those curious.
They're keeping the purple, though in a more neon-ish shade closer to that of its sister channel Sky Max.
[Image: Sky_Mix_2023.png]

Also shows that they're not going down the stylised 'x' route that Sky Sports Mix uses.
[-] The following 4 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bkman1990, Edogawa Ranpo, insert_good_username_here, Stuart
Thread Closed