Jeopardy

Here's an example with some simple numbers.

Barney wins £20 on Monday. He beats Wilma and Betty and banks £20. The ladies get sod all.
Barney wins £20 on Tuesday. He beats Fred and George Slate (who get £10) and banks another £20. His take-home balance is £40. They get sod all.
Barney wins £20 on Wednesday. He beats two people from the quarry and banks another £20. His take home balance is £60. Quarry folk gets sod all.
Barney wins £20 on Thursday. He beats Fred's cat and Dino . His take home balance is £80. Dino gets sod all.
Barney loses on Friday with a bank balance of £20 that day and loses to Pebbles. Fred takes home £80 (not £100 as he only banked £80 up to the start of that day and didn't win). Pebbles is the new champion and has a take home balance of £20.
Pebbles loses to Bamm-Bamm with a day balance of £10, but she only takes home £20 from last time.

etc.

So even if you are jammy enough to accumulate a £10,000 but the bloke next to you gets to £10,001 - sucks to be you.

I think Billy Asko’s explanation was easier to digest.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • Alessi, Brekkie, Nobby

(17-01-2024, 07:37 PM)Jon Wrote:  I think Billy Asko’s explanation was easier to digest.

Whereas Neil’s was more stone age in basis.

(14-01-2024, 09:23 PM)newsjunkie Wrote:  Friday was a bit below that - about 200k below Wednesday.

Otherwise it is pretty much in line with how Tipping Point normally rates.

It is quite a bit down on Deal or No Deal which was 30% higher.

Tipping point rates like that in the Summer.
TP would be over 2m this time of year. It lost to The Travelling Auctioneers yesterday.

It's definitely underperforming the slot. I suspect the next run will be given an earlier slot.

The 3pm slot, in place of Tenable?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • cando

Is there another run already filmed?

I can't believe what happened today - when you're done with these (the buzzers) can I have them, said the departing five day champion. A contestant expects the show to be cancelled that quickly? He can surely afford some with the £30k he won anyway!

Did he depart after losing or is there a 5 wins maximum?

It's the payout which is going to hurt a recommission as much as the ratings - £30k over 5 episodes is a bit on the high side for the slot.

He lost. There isn't a 5 day cap, I think it's unlimited or in this case until the end of the 4 weeks.

I wonder if Jeopardy! became a fixture in this country, and we had an enormous winning streak along the lines of Ken Jennings, would the producers want to carry on or would it be 100% all over again?