French TV - News Discussion

According to the Franceinfo EPG, they return to normal scheduled programming after a two week holiday schedule on Monday with the exception of 12/13 info which is replaced by an extended edition of L'info chez vous until 1250.

(19-04-2024, 05:30 PM)London Lite Wrote:  According to the Franceinfo EPG, they return to normal scheduled programming after a two week holiday schedule on Monday with the exception of 12/13 info which is replaced by an extended edition of L'info chez vous until 1250.

The previous promise of ending the practice of a holiday grille during the 'petites vacances' didn't last particularly long...

(20-04-2024, 12:53 AM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  The previous promise of ending the practice of a holiday grille during the 'petites vacances' didn't last particularly long...

The last time they did it was in October and since then, they've reverted back to 30 minute bulletins looped on the half hour with the exception of La Matinale and the radio simulcasts.

The only thing I can think of is that Franceinfo won't be in summer holiday mode when the Olympics are on, so are giving staff more holiday during the 'petites vacances' periods.

Franceinfo have rebranded L'info chez vous and 12/13 info as 11/13 info with Émilie Tran Nguyen who had spent the weekend covering TéléMatin on France 2.

Tout en son contraire is incorporated into this bulletin as before at around 1140.

Flore Maréchal and Julian Bugier are presenting coverage of the Olympic Flame arriving in Marseille from Greece tomorrow afternoon from 14h-20h on France 2 and Franceinfo.

France 2 coverage starts at 16h. I'm assuming Flore will present the Franceinfo only hours between 14-16h with Julian taking over when France 2 joins.

There has been a lot of absences from Franceinfo over the last week or so. I'm assuming holiday time taken early due to the Olympics. Flore I'm assuming has been off from Au coeur de l'info due to rehearsals for the Olympic Flame coverage.

April 2024 news channel ratings from Mediametrie:
Channel - Apr 24 (change from Mar 24)
BFMTV - 2.8% (+0.1%)
CNEWS - 2.7% (+-0.0%)
LCI - 1.8% (-0.1%)
franceinfo - 0.7% (+-0.0%)

Overall total for news channels: 8% (+-0.0%).
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • London Lite

So the first 1h 50 minutes of the Olympic Flame arrival on Franceinfo was presented by Flore solo. However there were no lower thirds and used France 2 news graphics. There's also a desk in use.

Julian was on France 2 at 13h as per usual also in Marseille with the normal news bulletin from another part of the city until he moved to the OB desk at 15h50 just before France 2 joined.