The Apprentice

(23-02-2024, 03:28 PM)Phil Wrote:  There seemed to be an odd edit in You're Fired last night. Tom mentioned at the start of the programme that they would be looking into the archive and talking to some past contestants. This item then didn't appear in the show, although I spotted a couple of former contestants in the audience.

Presumably this part was cut out in the edit, but they forgot to trim down the introduction.

Who were the former contestants?

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(23-02-2024, 03:28 PM)Phil Wrote:  There seemed to be an odd edit in You're Fired last night. Tom mentioned at the start of the programme that they would be looking into the archive and talking to some past contestants. This item then didn't appear in the show, although I spotted a couple of former contestants in the audience.

Presumably this part was cut out in the edit, but they forgot to trim down the introduction.

There was archive clips and a chat with former contestants on last week’s show, so maybe they moved that content to last week (assuming they were both recorded a while ago)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Happy2001

They always do film quite a lot more 'moments that caught my eye' and clips than they actually show on TV in the end, I've been going to the audience for the past few years (in fact going again this Monday!)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnr's post:
  • Happy2001

(23-02-2024, 03:42 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Who were the former contestants?
Felipe from Series 10 was definitely in the audience.

Great for The Apprentice and BBC One, that on first glance doesn't great for everyone else.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, Reith85

Last night was the "Shopping Channel" task.
They announced it as being TJC, though I'm aware they were using Ideal World on previous shopping channel tasks on The Apprentice in past years, though at the time Ideal World had gone off the air and weren't far from going into administration.

Anyway I don't know much about TJC save for a few names I recognise from the Sit-Up channels, so I'm having to ask if they do regularly give whole hours out to flogging non jewellery tat? Having looked at the website it seems they usually mix non-jewellery stuff in ad-hoc.

(29-03-2024, 12:54 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Last night was the "Shopping Channel" task.
They announced it as being TJC, though I'm aware they were using Ideal World on previous shopping channel tasks on The Apprentice in past years, though at the time Ideal World had gone off the air and weren't far from going into administration.

Anyway I don't know much about TJC save for a few names I recognise from the Sit-Up channels, so I'm having to ask if they do regularly give whole hours out to flogging non jewellery tat? Having looked at the website it seems they usually mix non-jewellery stuff in ad-hoc.

They haven't used Ideal World in many years now, maybe since the days of the prize being a job? The task didn't happen for many seasons but came back for the last few.

Since then they've all been on TJC I think, possibly one of the other 'jewellery + other stuff' channels.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(29-03-2024, 12:54 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Last night was the "Shopping Channel" task.

It depends on the time of day as to the ratio of jewellery to non-jewellery. A completely non-jewellery hour wouldn't be unusual at 9am, but not during the hours they gifted to The Apprentice.

There is some really awful motion stabilizing going on with the editing this series, sort of warps the image and it actually makes me feel dizzy sometimes.