(28-02-2023, 11:58 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  Nolly would have done pretty well in the ratings but by the time it does appear on linear (In July or August apparently) it will underperform and I suspect it hasn’t been that highly streamed so far.
They just announced on the "Fresh List" trailer, I think it was called - that Nolly has had 2.5 million streams so far. So that's 2.5 million fewer viewers when it appears on ITV1 later this year. It will probably rate poorly on proper TV therefore, when it is eventually shown.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Juicy Joe's post:
  • Happy2001

2.5mil is not bad for a service that just launched in December, with the show only been around since February! It will have a different audience when it comes to ITV1, one that skews older, and people who want to watch it again if they happen to come across it. Once combined, it won't have done too badly!

It should get a further boost from now being on SkyQ.
[-] The following 2 users Like cable's post:
  • Happy2001, Jon

(05-03-2023, 08:14 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  
(28-02-2023, 11:58 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  Nolly would have done pretty well in the ratings but by the time it does appear on linear (In July or August apparently) it will underperform and I suspect it hasn’t been that highly streamed so far.
They just announced on the "Fresh List" trailer, I think it was called - that Nolly has had 2.5 million streams so far. So that's 2.5 million fewer viewers when it appears on ITV1 later this year. It will probably rate poorly on proper TV therefore, when it is eventually shown.

But it’s 2.5 million streams. 2.5 million people who have managed to find their way to a new service and watched it. That means way more to ITV (and advertisers).
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • Happy2001, Jeff, London Lite

ITV X is proper telly! 

Sometimes it’s just comes across as people not liking things change.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jon's post:
  • all new phil, Joe, London Lite, Mixdown, UTVLifer

A bit of an annoying experience at the weekend.
My partner and I were going to watch Saturday Night Takeaway but we were a busy and missed the first 15 mins of the live airing. We decided to watch it on ITVX from the Live section, using the "Watch from start" function.
All was good... until we got near the end of the episode and it suddenly cut to the end of the ad break leading into the next programme, Starstruck, so we couldn't see the rest of it - how the audience member did in the big Win the Ads segment, the End of the Show-Show etc.
Naturally there's a delay after transmission until they get an episode up on catch-up, so we had to wait until the next day to see how SNT ended.

What's the point of Watch From Start even being a feature if it cuts to the next programme at the scheduled time? It should be like iPlayer, where you can rewind a fixed amount of time (two hours?), enough to cover almost anything, except sport and movies.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • AxG, Ma76

I assume that like C4's watch live they don't allow you as much flexibility as iPlayer as it would allow you to skip the ads, however it is poor form to abruptly cut out when the scheduled time ends. No doubt that's a bug though rather than something they've purposefully done.

I assume like the BBC iPlayer data releases,  a 'stream' equals a programme has been accessed, regardless of the duration of the viewing. 

As it's now on Sky Q, I had a peek at the first couple of minutes of Nolly to check the picture quality and the quantity of advertising.  That would count as a stream.  Also there are three episodes, so that would count as three streams if someone watched them all.  Conversely, counting streams gives no indication of how many were watching said stream.   

Anyway, the lead-in ads were too long and there were three internal breaks that can't be FF. The picture quality, however is good HD.  I'll wait until it comes on ITV and I can download the ad free version on my Sky box (without having to pay an additional fee).
[-] The following 1 user Likes derek500's post:
  • octothorpe

(06-03-2023, 02:03 PM)gottago Wrote:  I assume that like C4's watch live they don't allow you as much flexibility as iPlayer as it would allow you to skip the ads, however it is poor form to abruptly cut out when the scheduled time ends. No doubt that's a bug though rather than something they've purposefully done.

Yes, it’s still quite useful if you start watching something a few minutes late and then you can basically go from part 1 to part 2. 

Also the feature sometimes seems available on programmes and other times not via ITV X on Apple TV. 

I notice Goodnight Sweetheart has appeared on the standalone BritBox service and of course ITV X but can be watched on the free version of ITV X with ads. I think they’ve shown it on ITV 3 in the past so possible they’ve got those rights again, or it may mean all the new ‘classic shows’ acquisitions will just work on the same basis as normal ITV X.

I'm sure it was The Twelve rather than Nolly which they said had 2.5m streams, which as it's 10 episodes long is an average of 250,000 per episode.   Pretty decent I'd say, but of course spun to appear 10 times more popular than it is - but that's what the streamers like to do.

(03-03-2023, 11:59 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  
(03-03-2023, 08:45 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I think you're right - but they cost next to nothing to run, so what harm are they doing? It seems to be more so they can say 'look how many channels are on ITVX!'.

1000 viewers on an online stream is worth roughly the same as 10,000  linear ITV2/3/4 viewers [majority dayparts]

Online video ads earn more than most linear broadcast ads CPT
Interesting - knew they'd be worth more but didn't realise how much more.    That said the FAST channels seem to be very light on ads - Chase episodes run at 50 minutes rather than the full hour.

On that line do they use any kind of ad-smart technology for the live streams of the ITV channels to tailor the ads to the user more?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Happy2001