BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

17.15 was just a what is going on moment. It’s making it really hard to watch. Across the uk story cut off mid way through report after a really awkward pause.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, freeaxe

Across the UK segment gets interrupted abruptly with Matthew talking about NATO/Finland.
[-] The following 3 users Like Renap's post:
  • bkman1990, freeaxe, House

Can't they just do what they used to do on overnights - have the presenter read a few UK stories while World is on break?? And give us a proper ident with music into and out of a break, back! The current set up is a mess for both feeds.

(03-04-2023, 05:13 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 04:25 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  My guess is that Matthew's shift is from 16.00 to 18.00 CET and Yalda will do 18.00 CET to 21.00 CET. This way, all 4 main presenters will have 2 hour shifts on the UK feed, with Lucy and Yalda' losing an hour to national news.

My guess is that Yalda is in the mornings somewhere along the lines. Either 9-12 and not available today or something like 7-10 and therefore not on air due to the launch not having happened.
Ben Thompson getting something like 10-12 and the 14:30 WBR would be in line with what Sally Bundock has done in the early mornings the past couple of years and would be another way to reduce costs by removing the need for a business presenter.

I thought Lucy Hockings said Yalda was preparing for her programme today?  Of course if the programmes are currently the same format and branding (aside from Context), it’s always possible the presenters and crew don’t have fixed shift patterns yet.

Equally I wonder if the use of two studios today isn’t coincidental - is the BBC News at One being crewed by the morning/afternoon shift of the combined channel?  If there aren’t separate crews, I’m not sure why you’d switch back and forth between C and E, or why the One wouldn’t come from B if it’s an independent operation?

I wouldn’t say I was the most observant viewer in the world but sweet lord… how has the BBC standards fallen so low to be outputting this horrid mis mash of old and new, with lots of silly errors in between .

These technical errors didn’t happen on the news channel, they didn’t happen on World News and they didn’t happen yesterday… why are they happening today?!
[-] The following 8 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, Ittr, Pips2022, Reith85, SomeRandomStuff, UTVLifer

(03-04-2023, 05:13 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 04:25 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  My guess is that Matthew's shift is from 16.00 to 18.00 CET and Yalda will do 18.00 CET to 21.00 CET. This way, all 4 main presenters will have 2 hour shifts on the UK feed, with Lucy and Yalda' losing an hour to national news.

My guess is that Yalda is in the mornings somewhere along the lines. Either 9-12 and not available today or something like 7-10 and therefore not on air due to the launch not having happened.
Ben Thompson getting something like 10-12 and the 14:30 WBR would be in line with what Sally Bundock has done in the early mornings the past couple of years and would be another way to reduce costs by removing the need for a business presenter.

Well, we will see her today, as Lucy announced, so today she will be 1800-2000 BST.

Given that she specializes in the Asian region (Middle East to South East Asia), one would assume her show will be during some of the Asian peak hours.

(03-04-2023, 05:22 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  I wouldn’t say I was the most observant viewer in the world but sweet lord… how has the BBC standards fallen so low to be outputting this horrid mis mash of old and new, with lots of silly errors in between .

These technical errors didn’t happen on the news channel, they didn’t happen on World News and they didn’t happen yesterday… why are they happening today?!
It's almost as if they got rid of quite a lot of the production staff from both of the channels.
[-] The following 3 users Like Renap's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, leewilliams

(03-04-2023, 05:22 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  I wouldn’t say I was the most observant viewer in the world but sweet lord… how has the BBC standards fallen so low to be outputting this horrid mis mash of old and new, with lots of silly errors in between .

Because BBC News and BBC World News were well-honed operations that had been using the same format, largely unchanged, for decades.  Breaking out of live programming to cut to a clip studio setup for an entire afternoon of breaking news, dealing with a new conversation and analysis-based format and trying to shoehorn hastily-edited regional reports into 1 minute advert gaps… there’s a lot going on right now that won’t be second nature to them yet.

The real question is whether this merged format will work over the longer-term, mostly from an editorial perspective, and to a lesser extent where will the presentation end up over time.  But I have no doubt the operation will become a lot slicker and more technically competent over time.
[-] The following 6 users Like House's post:
  • AntandDec_Fan, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, Rxtx, SomeRandomStuff

The BBC World News partners website is now officially renamed as "BBC News and BBC.com trade website" with updated logos:
www.bbcwwpartners.com #
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALV's post:
  • chrisherald

Looks like Yalda will be taking the evening slot prior to Christian
www.instagram.com =
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, ginnyfan