BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(12-07-2023, 06:04 PM)ALV Wrote:  For the first time (at least for a long time) there is a breaking news strap on the News at Six, on a very shocking news about a BBC presenter’s resignation, which I don’t think is appropriate to discuss here…

Well that’s a shocker, gutted.
[-] The following 4 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

Newsnight later will once again be quite the viewing
[-] The following 7 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, Quantum+83, Stuart

(12-07-2023, 06:04 PM)ALV Wrote:  For the first time (at least for a long time) there is a breaking news strap on the News at Six, on a very shocking news about a BBC presenter’s resignation, which I don’t think is appropriate to discuss here…

EDIT: It has just been clarified on air the presenter in question haven’t resigned…

This wasn’t shown on BBC One.
[-] The following 3 users Like harryb's post:
  • bkman1990, IanJRedman, Quantum+83

It's only on the News Channel UK feed, as I can see, not on the network. 

It was the same arrangment two days ago when lawyers' letter was received - BREAKING ticker but only on the News Channel.

archive.org 

Actually, the "resignation" is an on-air gaffe that they corrected later.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(12-07-2023, 06:14 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  I’m surprised the UK feed of the news channel hasn’t now joined the World feed which is giving rolling coverage of the story.

They have now.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:

I can’t believe the World feed has more coverage than the UK feed…

If anything this should be a balcony opt out on the UK feed, while the network stays with the national bulletin and the World feed continues with other news with occasional mentions of this news…

EDIT: As I hit “post reply” the UK feed just opted out to Studio J/Gallery A
[-] The following 3 users Like ALV's post:

(12-07-2023, 06:17 PM)ALV Wrote:  EDIT: As I hit post the UK feed just opted out to Studio J/Gallery A

No, they rejoined World which is rolling with the story.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83

(12-07-2023, 06:14 PM)oscillon Wrote:  It's only on the News Channel UK feed, as I can see, not on the network. 
It was the same arrangment two days ago when lawyers' letter was received - BREAKING ticker but only on the News Channel.
Think it's added by Gallery A, they take the usual Studio B feed with the NC graphics applied, with them adding the Breaking strap on top. (So the Studio B generated name straps are hidden beneath the strap applied by Gallery A).
[-] The following 5 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83

(12-07-2023, 06:10 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Newsnight later will once again be quite the viewing

Victoria has already done things which could well be interpreted as identifying the presenter involved so I suspect somebody will be keeping an extremely close eye on newsnight this evening.
[-] The following 5 users Like qwerty123's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(12-07-2023, 06:29 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  Victoria has already done things which could well be interpreted as identifying the presenter involved so I suspect somebody will be keeping an extremely close eye on newsnight this evening.

Such as?