BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(30-06-2023, 10:56 AM)harshy Wrote:  Awful colour scheme, it’s ridiculous, viewers will just turn over to other news outlets.

People don’t change channel just because of the colour of the slug.

There’s genuine things to criticise but this is taking it to extremes!
[-] The following 3 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • cando, seenee, SunburntRock89

(30-06-2023, 06:41 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  People don’t change channel just because of the colour of the slug.

But this is also a presentation forum, where we discuss the graphics! It's to a certain extent quite literally the point of the forum!
[-] The following 8 users Like lepeterrr's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chevron, JMT1985, Ma76, mouseboy33, Stuart

Have you all missed the bit where it was literally suggested that people would change channel because of it?
[-] The following 10 users Like Joe's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, cando, Jayesyn, Otis Crump, Quantum+83, seenee, SlimyTrain, SunburntRock89

(30-06-2023, 06:41 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  People don’t change channel just because of the colour of the slug.

I’m sorry but the red is too harsh and like I said I got decent eyesight there’s too much red there, pres geek or none pres geek it’s a natural thing if it hurt peoples eyes they will therefore change over channel, the bbc news channel definitely now has the worst graphics of any of the major news channels.
[-] The following 13 users Like harshy's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Daveuk, lepeterrr, Ma76, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Ste, SuperSajuuk, thomalex

(30-06-2023, 03:35 PM)AndrewP Wrote:  Is it still the rule that the first four paragraphs of BBC News Online articles should be in the Ceefax standard?

I presume something similar still exists for the BBC red button text service?

This is unironically funny and stupid. Presumably all the spokespeople have left in the many departures/redundancies in recent months?

twitter.com 

On a more sane note, Newswatch will be in back in Studio L next week

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Plutobug

(20-06-2023, 06:27 PM)sparkyb28 Wrote:  Do we know how long Christian from the Context will be off. He had a bad back but has been very quiet on Twitter recently. Hope he is ok

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83

(30-06-2023, 03:06 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Unlikely to happen given they are offering minimum info on screen via the graphics nowadays but if they're filling hours with a webcam stream or opt-out based on one story, or even primarily BBC World content, I think introducing an RTE News/Sky Sports News style L-bar offering more detailed summarises of the days top stories.

The data driven graphics BBC Scotland use during downtime with the Campbell webcam in the corner would be a great improvement.
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, what, xlalonce

(30-06-2023, 09:51 PM)LargelyALurker Wrote:  I presume something similar still exists for the BBC red button text service?
Just reading some online articles and it does look to still be the case with the first 4 paragraphs offering a summary of the story, the next 4 a bit more info and then them going into further detail beyond that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AaronLancs, AndrewP, chrisherald

(01-07-2023, 01:27 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  This is unironically funny and stupid. Presumably all the spokespeople have left in the many departures/redundancies in recent months?

twitter.com 

On a more sane note, Newswatch will be in back in Studio L next week

twitter.com 

Someone actually complained about Newswatch on Newswatch itself in yesterday's episode. The way it was written sounded like it was someone from here.  Big Grin

Plus a section of the programme was dedicated to discussing Charlie Stayt standing up to present the news in the new breakfast studio with one hand in his pocket.

[Image: IMG-6318.jpg]

Apparently the new breakfast studio uses 3 additional cameras vs their old one, which was useful to know.