BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-02-2024, 04:10 PM)Mjb Wrote:  BBC News in the UK is taking The View Stormont Special from BBC One NI this afternoon. Great to see a regional programme broadcast to the whole of the UK when it’s clearly the major news story for the day.

Interestingly no clock or ticker

The graphics reappeared on screen again at around 14:30 when Michelle O'Neill was making her speech, but then disappeared again about 10 minutes later.

The UK feed staff must be in the pub Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, LDN, Mjb

(03-02-2024, 04:21 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  The graphics reappeared on screen again at around 14:30 when Michelle O'Neill was making her speech, but then disappeared again about 10 minutes later.

The UK feed staff must be in the pub Big Grin

I (hope) think that is said in jest... a few tech issues isn't quite the same as a 'liquid lunch' and the professionalism of teams is quite important, especially when we're doing a really difficult job.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matrix's post:
  • fatal paper cut

(03-02-2024, 05:03 PM)Matrix Wrote:  I (hope) think that is said in jest... a few tech issues isn't quite the same as a 'liquid lunch' and the professionalism of teams is quite important, especially when we're doing a really difficult job.

Yes, it was said in jest, and we do appreciate the job you’re doing. Apologies if I’ve offended.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • interestednovice

Think they need to review the footage they're using for the anti-AfD protests. One of the placards clearly displayed "(F*CK) AfD", the swear word being in English. (I suspect it may also have been written in German on that sign.) It's understandable if it was live footage, but as compilation surely it should either have been blurred out or the bit not used at all.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • interestednovice

Chief Presenter Sally Bundock has spoken!

twitter.com 

So now there is confirmation that Sally is a proper Chief Presenter (well deserved too, I’d say)!

Very odd that she was not mentioned, given that even the Washington & Singapore presenters got a mention.
[-] The following 14 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, News76, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, RhysJR, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(03-02-2024, 07:29 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  So now there is confirmation that Sally is a proper Chief Presenter (well deserved too, I’d say)!

Very odd that she was not mentioned, given that even the Washington & Singapore presenters got a mention.

Yes, very. I don’t understand why they didn’t just allocate the Kasia, Annita etc a shift as chief presenters in the first place. They obviously need someone to present the shift. So much hassle and upset for the staff for no reason.
[-] The following 10 users Like Chud's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, leewilliams, News76, Quantum+83, RhysJR, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(03-02-2024, 07:33 PM)Chud Wrote:  Yes, very. I don’t understand why they didn’t just allocate the Kasia, Annita etc a shift as chief presenters in the first place. They obviously need someone to present the shift. So much hassle and upset for the staff for no reason.

I agree. If we look at who they’ve appointed recently, then Ben will probably replace Maryam as a general “across the schedule” fill-in anchor, as Maryam moves to her new programme. But he won’t be able to appear as often as Maryam did in the role because he will also be doing some News at One shifts. So there is sort of at least half a job unfilled there. Meanwhile Annita will probably return to mornings, as she did before, filling the time somewhere between Sally Bundock’s shift and Lucy Hockings. But there are two shifts unfilled in mornings, so maybe Geeta will take the other one (perhaps the earlier mostly global-feed one, as she was historically more often a WN presenter).

So there is probably another presenter needed as fill-in cover for holidays and illness, and also cover for weekends which currently have no fixed presenters. It’s probably sensible to allocate two or three weekend presenters on a permanent basis and then use the “presenter-reporters” for the rest. This would easily give a job for everyone currently facing an uncertain future and the BBC could avoid the bad press and ill feeling in the newsroom. Given that so many people have already left the organisation, there really aren’t too many people for roles.
[-] The following 10 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Chud, Jeff, News76, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(03-02-2024, 07:46 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  the BBC could avoid the bad press and ill feeling in the newsroom

The ship has long, long sailed on that one - I hear the mood there is miserable, many of those who haven’t already got out want to and the fact Sally feels emboldened enough to (justifiably) publicly slag off the handling of this latest announcement tells you everything you need to know.

(03-02-2024, 09:09 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  That's a really great set, a good example how you can make a small space always look different and interesting.

i.postimg.cc 

Surely it’s not just me that thinks this looks absolutely terrible?
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • chrisherald, denton, James